HELLO AND WELCOME!
I’m so glad your here! I’m Danielle, a wife of nearly 5 years and a Mama to one sweet little boy with another on the way. I’m also a beautiful Daughter of the King, as my husband so often reminds me. I love coffee, and grace. And although I say I need coffee to survive, it’s really the latter that I don’t know where I would be without.
WHAT CAN YOU FIND HERE?
Motherhood is hard. It’s a complex, lifelong journey that is always keeping us on our toes. But it is also a journey that is filled to the brim with joy and beauty and blessing. Even in the midst of the mundane. Even in the midst of the loneliness. Even in the midst of the chaos and mess.
Mama, this space is for you. It’s a place where you can come and breathe a sigh of relief with the knowledge that you are not alone on this journey. But through all the bits of parenting advice, tips and tricks, DIY projects, etc., my heart’s deepest desire is that you would find the heart of the King and know that you are valued and loved beyond measure, and you were created, called and purposed to such a time as this.
10 THINGS YOU’D DISCOVER IF WE MET FOR COFFEE
- This right here, having a steaming cup of coffee over real authentic heart conversation, is my absolute favourite thing to do. Period. I mean it, I could sit here all day with you, learning about your heart, and sharing mine.
- You’d probably find that I have a latte of some sort instead of a black cup of coffee. To be honest, I hate the bold, bitter taste of coffee, but since becoming a mom I need the buzz of caffeine to keep me going!
- That’s another thing.. Motherhood. I know without a doubt that this is what I’m called to. I’ve known it for years prior to having our first. And yes, we want a lot of kids, but this calling is more than that. I’m called to be everything a mother is to the thousands out there who have never experienced the deep, powerful, persistent and unconditional love that a mother holds for her children.
- Also, if you haven’t noticed by now, I can’t do small talk very well. I jump pretty fast into the deep.
- At some point during our conversation you might discover some random facts about me here and there. Facts like: Damien and I moved amongst four different provinces in the span of three short years. Or that I was bit on the tongue by a turtle when I was a mere 3 years old.
- You also might hear me make an offhand comment about politics in a light-hearted way. The truth is, I used to roll my eyes in boredom when the subject came up. But after marrying Damien (who someday dreams of being in elected office), I’ve come to really appreciate and understand the subject to the point where it is often a conversation starter.
- If we are sitting in my living room (which is where we would probably be, because let’s be honest, when you have tinies starting to walk and get into everything it’s pretty hard to get them to sit still in a coffee shop), you’ve probably gathered by now that I love to read. We have three large book shelves behind our dining room table and I’m sure that if I tried to fit one more book on them that they would buckle and break under all the weight.
- After looking around, you’ll also gather that I love home decor and repurposing old things. I would classify my style as rustic chic.
- Another thing you would discover is that I love dressing up, wearing jewelry, and simply being a girly girl. But don’t be dismayed: I’m truly a country girl at heart. There’s nothing that I love more than driving down the dusty backroads on our way back to the farm where I can get my hands dirty in the garden or help put together meals for the men at work.
- Finally, it’s my hope that you’d realize a bit of just how much I care about you, regardless of who you are and where you’re at in life. You are loved and you are valued, and you have been created and called for such a time as this.
I have such high hopes and dreams for this space, but the reality is that it may never be all that I want it to be. Taking care of my family comes first, and these early years of raising tinies can be pretty intense and time-consuming. Please, have grace for me, as I learn to have grace for myself. So enjoy, and with all my heart, thank you for reading.